Ask the Experts - Art (Paintings, Artist Drawings etc.) Identification of / Sources for etc.
- Regarding the Indians at the San Fernando Mission. What did they eat? Did they have any freedom? Did they live with their families? Did they have any leisure time and what did they do with that leisure time?
- My son took a picture of what appears to be a coat of arms found above the front door of the church at Mission San Fernando Rey. At the top is a red hat with red rope and 15 red tassels stacked in a pyramid form surrounding a shield with a sword through the middle. The shield is blue on the left with images we can't determine and red on the right with 3 crescent moon shapes. He would like information regarding this to support his "art" portion of his mission report. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
- Are there commemorative plates for all 21 missions?
- Who is the artist and mission in the sketch of a visit by the French explorer, La Perouse, to a Californian mission in 1787?
- What saints are in the Mission San Francisco de Solano?
- Did the statues of Faith, Hope and Charity at Mission Santa Barbara disappear in 1870. Were they ever returned?
- Is there a site I may visit to label who the saints are in the artwork at Mission Carmel?
- I'm looking for is a print of the musical "hand" from San Antonio de Padua.
- Where I can get a print of the beautiful Indian Stations of the Cross paintings at Mission San Gabriel?